DR. DANKWAMBO IS NOT A MEDIOCRE BUT AN INTELLECTUAL.
Dr. HASSAN IBRAHIM DANKWAMBO B.SC; M.SC; PhD; FCA; FCIB; FCTI; FNIM; FNIM; FNES & OON (Talban Gombe) was born on the 4th of April, 1962 in Gombe. He is the current Governor of Gombe state.
B.SC Accounting; M.SC Economics; PhD ; Post Graduate Diploma in Computer science.
FCA( Fellow Chartered Institute of Accountant); FCIB( Fellow Chartered Institute of Bankers); FCTI( Fellow Chartered Institute of Taxation); FNIM(Fellow Chartered institute of Management)
FNIM(Fellow Chartered institute of Marketing)
FES( Fellow Nigerian Economic Society).
CERTIFICATE OF COURSES ATTENDED:
DR. DANKWAMBO has had various international exposures by attending training programmes that shaped him as a found and seasoned ACCOUNTANT, Economist and an accomplished Administrator.
Few among training COURSES and seminars attended includes:
1. Harvard university, Cambridge, Boston Massachusetts, USA on Global Financial System, Crises, Prospects and Solutions.
2.DUKE University, DCID, Durham, NC 27708,USA on Budgeting and Financial Management in the Public Sector.
3. Stanford University, Stanford Business School, 518, Memorial Way, USA, CA, USA-Financial Management Programme.
4. COWN AGENTS MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT CENTRE, UNITED KINGDOM- Financial Management and Development Projects.
5. UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN AND DUKE UNIVERSITY DCID – Management of Foreign Aids.
6. WEST AFRICAN INSTITUTE OF FINANCIAL AND ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT, GHANA- External Debt and Reserve Management.
DR. DANKWAMBO worked at Price WaterHouse coppers from 1985-1988.
Central Bank of Nigeria 1988-1999.
Accountant General of Gombe State 1999-2005
Accountant General of the Federation 2005-2011
Governor of Gombe State 2011-till date.
Whilst the AGF, he chaired and served in very numerous committees and Board member of some Government parastatals at various times.
1. He was the President/Chairman of the Forum of Accountants-General and Auditors – General in West Africa( FAAGWA), and had earlier, served as the Protem Secretary of the same organisation.
2. He was the co- Chairman, Standardisation of Federal, State and Local Government Accounts in NIGERIA.
3. Since his assumption of office as the Accountant General of the Federation, he was the Chairman of the Technical Sub-Committee of the Federation ACCOUNT Allocation Committee, a committee saddled with the responsibility of determining how the national revenues are shared equitably amongst the three tiers of Governments.
4. He was the Chairman of the Audit Committee of ECOWAS. He also chaired the review of Financial Regulations and other Financial Laws in Gombe.
1. He was a Board member of CBN.
2. Board member of the Debt Management Office.
3. Board member Royal Swaziland Sugar Company.
4. Board member Extractive Industries Transparency International.
5. Board member Access Bank PLC.
6. Board member Jewel Farms and Poultry Products
7. Board member Sheraton Hotel and Towers
8. Board member Federal Government Owned Companies under Ministry of Finance
DR. DANKWAMBO’S ACHIEVEMENTS WHILST SERVING AS THE ACCOUNTANT GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION:
1. He ensured the construction and completion of the Tresury House .
2. He brought up to date the Financial Statements of the Federal Government which were in arrears. He ensured that they were all prepared, audited and published.
3. The revolution in the Public Sector towards a cashless economy began with Dr. DANKWAMBO, bringing about the implementation of the E-payment system which is completely a new innovation in the Financial services of the Government.
4. The Integrated Payroll Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is yet another giant strides achieved by Dr. DANKWAMBO. Salaries of Staff all over the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA’s) are now being paid centrally using an automated system.
5. Dr. DANKWAMBO also ensured that he completed the institution of Treasury Single Account which is simply an account or set of linked accounts through which government transacts it’s financial operations in such a way that it’s financial position can be determined easily for the facilitation and timely reconciliation of cash balances.
6. He installed a Financial Management system (GIFMIS) which is an ICT integrated system which computerises the Public Financial Management processes from budget preparation, execution, accounting and reporting.
7. He ensured that centralisation that had caused both bottlenecks and delays in implementing projects and programmes was removed thereby enabling Ministries, Departments and Agencies to process and make payments for contracts awarded after obtaining due certification for the projects.
8. He upgraded the Federal Treasury Academy to University Standard for the training of Public Sector Accountants and affiliating it to a highly recognised Public Secttor professional body in the UK (the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy(CIPFA) United Kingdom).
With the sorry economic situation in NIGERIA, Dr. DANKWAMBO as the PRESIDENT will turn things round for better. He is the man of the moment. Please let us give him a chance.
BARR. DENNIS HABILA GAPSISO is the
New Life Nigeria, Dr. DANKWAMBO for President SUPPORT GROUP