Rt. Hon. Paul Nnajiofor Ononenyi assumed office for his 2nd tenure in the Enugu State House of Assembly as a State legislator on the 10th of June, 2019, and was appointed the Chairman House Committee on Rural Development and CSDP.
On the resumption of his 2nd tenure, Hon. Paul Nnajiofor’s embarked on the following:
1. Kick started the process of repositioning the Ministry and all MDA’s under his committee’s coverage which has resulted in the repeal and re-enactment of the CSDP Law; the bill which aim at bringing Social Development in Nkanu East and Enugu State communities at large will attract skill acquisition centres, renovation and construction of educational institutions, markets, town halls etc has passed first and second reading and has subsequently undergone successful public hearing under a joint committee he headed.
2. He saw the repositioning of Enugu State Fire Service as well as the repositioning and injection of new ideas on the operation of Enugu State Rural Electrification Board in support of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s drive for sustainable rural electrification and lightening.
3. Hon. Nnajiofor through his committee is currently working on the review of the Community Development Project (CDP) laws of Enugu State.
4. He chaired the Adhoc committee that produced the Enugu State House of Assembly Legislative Term agenda: a working document for the 7th assembly.
5. He sponsored the bill for the setting up of Enugu State consumers Protection Agency currently going through legislative scrutiny.
6. He sponsored a motion of urgent public importance and petition against the unfriendly, indiscriminate charges and other unwholesome practices of EEDC against the good people of Nkanu East.
7. Hon. Nnajiofor’s renewed legislative leadership facilitated the reconstruction of a six class room block at CPS 1, Isigwe Ugbawka, though the ENSUBEB.
8. He attracted the ongoing CSDP/world bank assisted projects in the following communities of Nkanu East:
i. Isienu Amagunze
ii. Imeama Ugbawka
iii. Amofu Nkerefi
iv. Mbulu Owo
vi. Isiogbo Nara
9. Hon. Paul Nnajiofor has also facilitated the construction of Owinyi river bridge in Mbulu Owo by RAMP.
10. Sponsoring the training of young people of Nkanu East in Solar Energy panel production.
11. Hosting the Back to Jesus Christian outreach in Owo on December, 5, 2019.
12. Empowered over 180 people with new handsets for more effective communication.
13. He personally made financial support for the reconstruction of one of the burnt building in CPS Amagunze.
14. Sponsoring of some young pastors in theological schools.
15. Distribution of palliatives to more than 350 households in Nkanu East including 350 bags of rice, 70 cartons of noodles, 1500 hand sanitizers, 2000 face masks and over one million naira cash to cushion the harsh effect of hunger occasioned by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
16. Rt. Hon. Nnajiofor packaged and sponsored various sensitization and awareness community campaigns aimed at the prevention of the community spread of the novel pandemic through radio announcements, posters, flyers, bill boards and organized public forums.
17. He sponsored and financed various award winning and cash backed prizes through radio programmes and some social media channels as a means of proving palliative supports to winners of such quizzes.
18. He organized Town hall meetings and interface for President General’s, various women and community leaders of Nkanu East on December 30 2019, April 12th and 13th 2020, and June 1st 2020.
19. Hon. Nnajiofor hosted constituency advocacy fora with PG’s, town criers of various communities, women leaders, religious leaders and various youth organizations aimed at fostering peace, unity and development between communities in Nkanu East.
20. Hon. Nnajiofor is also on the forefront leading his constituents on the fight against the community spread of coronavirus pandemic.
21. He visited various homes of the less privileged in Nkanu East Communities and beyond with different types of support.
22. He visited and paid for hospital bills for indigent constituents on December 24th 2019, February 22nd 2020 and April 13th 2020.
23. He is supporting the planting, renovation and equipping of churches such as Assembles of God Church Ohubo Ama nkanu, St Ebenezer Methodist Church Mbulu Owo, St. Jude Anglican church Owo etc all in Nkanu East L.G.A.
24. He has sponsored about 3 motions and co-sponsored other motions on notice.
25. He is sponsoring the Mbulu Owo talent hunt and football competition since 2007.
26. Facilitated The Admission Of More than 30 Students Of Nkanu East Extraction Into Various Higher Institutions In The Last One Year.
27. Facilitated Employment Of About 11 Teachers Of Nkanu East Extraction and other high profile political appointments.