The Executive Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, has approved the convocation of a special summit on education to deliberate on modalities for reopening of public and private schools in the state to enable our exit class students in primary and secondary schools as well as final year students of tertiary institutions write their relevant local and international examinations.
Based on the foregoing, the following stakeholders are hereby invited to attend the summit holding at the Michael Okpara Auditorium of Government House, Umuahia, on Thursday, 30th July, 2020 at 11am prompt:
1. State Chairmen of Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), All Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPSS) and Association of Primary School Heads of Nigeria ( AOPSHON)
2. Three representatives of National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS), Abia Chapter, drawn from the 3 senatorial zones of the state
3. Three representatives of National Association of Parent-Teacher Association of Nigeria (NAPTAN) drawn from the 3 senatorial zones of the state.
4. Presidents of Students Union Government of State owned tertiary institutions
5. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education
6. Acting Executive Secretary, Secondary Education Management Board (SEMB) and the Deputy Executive Secretaries
7. Acting Chairman, Abia State Universal Basic Education Board (ASUBEB)
8. The EXecutive Secretary, Hospitals Management Board (HMB)
9. The Executive Secretary, Abia State Primary Health Care Development Agency
10. State Chairman, Nigeria Medical Association (NMA)
11. Chairman of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Abia State Chapter
12. The Registrar, Examination Development Commission
13. Rectors of all Colleges and Polytechnics in Abia State
14. The Vice Chancellor, Abia State University (ABSU), Uturu
15. The Chairman, Abia State Council of Traditional Rulers and his Deputies
16. The Honorable Commissioners for Education, Finance, Health, Justice, Works, Local Government and Information.
17. Chairman, Abia State House of Assembly Committee on Education
18. Chief of Staff to the Governor
19. Secretary to the State Government
20. The Deputy Governor of Abia State
All the invitees must be seated before the arrival of the Governor as well as ensure strict compliance to all relevant COVID-19 protocols.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner for Information, Abia State